OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
This Policy may be changed or updated from time to time. By visiting Time For Homes at one of our websites or using one of our mobile apps, you accept the practices described in this Policy.
When you make a financial or in-kind donation, you provide your name and contact information. Financial donors provide standard payment information including, in many circumstances, credit card data. We protect your information in a variety of ways, as described below.
We use industry standard safeguards to protect your information. Many donors use credit cards for donations. We protect the security of credit card transactions using a number of measures such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, and physical security. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. When we work with other companies to process credit card transactions, those companies also use encryption and other appropriate security measures.
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ personally identifiable information with any other entity, except as described below. In addition, we will not send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations, unless a donor has given us specific permission to do so. Time For Homes has vendors that assist with processing and managing donations and donor data. We give these vendors access to donor data. Our vendors are bound by strict confidentiality rules and are permitted to use donor data only to support Time For Homes operations.
The Data We Collect
Our websites and mobile apps provide convenient ways for you to access our services and learn about important Time For Homes opportunities and events. We collect information about our online visitors both directly from our visitors and indirectly from other companies that provide data to us. We use this information to communicate with our supporters and clients and process their transactions. We do not sell it to other organizations.
When you use our websites or apps to make a financial contribution, register for a class or special event, sign up to volunteer, apply for a job, or make a purchase, we may ask you for your name, address, phone number(s), and other information relevant to the transaction. We will ask for standard credit card information when you make a financial donation, pay for a class, or make a purchase.
We obtain information about our online visitors from other sources as well. For example, we may engage vendors that provide contact information and other data. We use this data to help us engage with people who may be interested in participating in Time For Homes activities or contributing to Time For Homes mission.
We also collect non-personal information about our online visitors using “cookies”, pixels, web beacons, and other technologies that operate automatically when you visit our website. We use this information to give our website visitors a more relevant online experience and to help us make website improvements. The information helps us understand which parts of our websites are the most popular, where our online visitors are going, and how long they spend there. If you do not want us to collect information using cookies, you can disable this function in your browser. If you block cookies from us, however, you may not be able to see personalized content and our website may not function optimally.
How We Secure Data
We use a variety of security measures to protect your data. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of personally identifiable information.
We protect the security of credit card transactions using a number of measures such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, and physical security. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. When we work with other companies to process credit card transactions, those companies also use encryption and other appropriate security measures.
No website or electronic data can ever be completely secure, but we are always working to maintain up-to-date and appropriate security mechanisms.
How We Use Your Information
If you provide Time For Homes with personal information when you visit our websites or use our mobile apps, we may use the information in our programs and activities. We may enter your information into one of our databases so we can contact you to obtain your input, provide information about our programs and events, request donations, or provide a more personalized online experience.
Time For Homes does not sell, trade, or share our donors’ personally identifiable information with any other entity, except as described below. We do not send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations unless the donor has given us specific permission to do so.
On occasion, Time For Homes may share your information with our vendors and other partners that help us with our activities and programs. For example, we share information with vendors that help us fulfill orders, manage data, and process donations and credit card payments. These vendors are bound by strict confidentiality rules and are permitted to use the information only to support Time For Homes operations. We also disclose information as required by law.
Additionally, Time For Homes may from time to time share our information with our official partners to advance our mission.
We Care About Doing it Right
Time For Homes is committed to accuracy and precision in processing your information. We have procedures to check for errors, and our systems are periodically audited to make sure we process your information securely and accurately.
Time For Homes may offer a variety of programs for children. We hope that children and parents will visit our websites and use our mobile apps together, so they can jointly learn about Time For Homes and opportunities for children to participate. Time For Homes does not intentionally collect personal information from people under age 13.
Contact Us About Privacy
To let us know how you would like us to contact you, if you have questions about this Policy, or to opt-out of receiving phone calls, e-mails, texts, or mail from Time For Homes, you may send us an email at [email protected] or write to:
Time For Homes
24 Fourth Street, Suite 2024
Troy, New York 12180
SERVICE ACCESS AND USE LICENSE
- Limitations on Copying and Distribution. You may download or copy downloadable items displayed on the Service for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that You maintain and display all copyright, trademark and other notices contained therein.
- Non-Solicitation. You may not post or transmit through the Service any material which contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services.
- Limitations on Reverse Engineering and Modification. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create works derivative of the Service or any materials accessed through the Service.
- Proprietary Notices. You may not remove any proprietary notices, including copyright and trademark notices, or labels from the Service on any materials accessed through the Service.
- Compliance with Applicable Law. You are solely responsible for ensuring Your use of the Service is in compliance with all applicable foreign, federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- USER OBLIGATIONS. By downloading, accessing, or using the Service in order to view information and materials or submit Material (as defined below) of any kind, You represent that You: (i) are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or between thirteen (13) and seventeen (17) years of age and using the Service with parental or legal guardian consent and supervision; (ii) are registered to the extent required, and have not been previously restricted, suspended or terminated by Time For Homes; and (iii) are not using another authorized user’s account without that person’s permission.
- anything that interferes with or disrupts the Service or its operation;
- Materials that are vulgar, obscene, indecent, profane, or otherwise objectionable or offensive, defamatory, libelous, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, misleading, or false;
- unauthorized copyrighted materials, or any other material that infringes on the intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or personality, trade secrets, confidentiality, or privacy of others;
- Materials that encourage criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation in any jurisdiction;
- Materials that harm minors;
- Materials that impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, or that misrepresent Your affiliation with any entity; or
- files that contain malicious code, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, network, or the Service.
- LINKS TO OTHER SERVICES. Time For Homes may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other services. Time For Homes is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources or their contents. Time For Homes expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, materials, accuracy of information and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party services, or the products or services provided by any third party.
- LINKS TO THIS SERVICE. You may link to the Service provided that You do so in a way that indicates that the link is direct to an Time For Homes Service and is fair and not misleading. You may not integrate or make use of all or part of the Service in ways that would confuse or mislead visitors as to the nature and origin of the Service’s content.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND YOU ASSUME ALL RISK. THE SERVICE AND ITS INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND USER CONTENT IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS AVAILABLE,” “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TIME FOR HOMES AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE. TIME FOR HOMES DOES NOT ENDORSE, RECOMMEND, OR MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, USER MATERIALS, FEATURES, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, OPINIONS, OR STATEMENTS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THROUGH LINKS ON THE SERVICE. TIME FOR HOMES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TIME FOR HOMES IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
- OTHER DISCLAIMERS. CONTENT ON THE SERVICE IS NOT INTENDED TO SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND. IN PARTICULAR, NOTHING CONTAINED ON THE SERVICE IS OR SHOULD BE CONSIDERED, OR USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING PERSONAL HEALTH OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS. NEVER DISREGARD OR AVOID PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ, HEARD OR SEEN ON THE SERVICE.
Time For Homes DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT PRODUCT INFORMATION ON THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE OR COMPLETE, AS INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED BY PRODUCT MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, AND ON OCCASION MANUFACTURERS MAY MODIFY THEIR PRODUCTS AND UPDATE THEIR LABELS. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE SERVICE AND THAT YOU CONSULT THE PRODUCT’S LABEL OR CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER DIRECTLY IF YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC CONCERN OR QUESTION ABOUT A PRODUCT.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, or the limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so some of the above may not apply to You.
- ONLINE SHOPPING. All product and service descriptions and depictions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. The inclusion of any products or services on the Service does not imply or warrant that such products or services will be available. In the event a product or service available on or through the Service is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, Time For Homes will have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for the product or service listed at the incorrect price, whether due to a typographical error, an error in information received from Time For Homes’ suppliers or providers, or otherwise. Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation neither signifies Time For Homes’ acceptance of Your order, nor constitutes confirmation of Time For Homes’ offer to sell. Time For Homes reserves the right at any time after receipt of Your order to accept or decline Your order for any reason. Time For Homes may charge and withhold the applicable sales tax for orders, otherwise. You are solely responsible for all sales or other taxes, on orders shipped to You. If You wish to purchase any product made available through the Service, You may be asked to supply certain information relevant to such a transaction including, without limitation, Your credit card number, its expiration date and security code, the billing address, and any shipping information. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO USE ANY CREDIT CARD(S) OR OTHER PAYMENT METHOD(S) UTILIZED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY TRANSACTION. By submitting such credit card or payment information, You grant to Time For Homes the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of any transactions initiated by You or on Your behalf. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any such transaction. It is Your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the receipt, possession, use, and sale of any product or service purchased from the Service. By placing an order, You represent that the products and services ordered will be used only in a lawful manner pursuant to any additional terms that may accompany them. Except as otherwise set forth herein, the risk of loss for and title to products or services purchased on the Service passes to You upon electronic transmission to the recipient or delivery to the carrier, as applicable.
- DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (“DMCA”) NOTICE. Time For Homes is committed to complying with copyright and related laws, and requires all users of the Service to comply with these laws. Accordingly, You may not store any material or content or use or disseminate any material or content though the Service in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of Time For Homes to terminate use privileges of any user who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to Time For Homes by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent.
If You feel that a posted message is objectionable or infringing, Time For Homes encourages You to contact Time For Homes immediately. Upon Time For Homes’ receipt of a proper written notice of claimed infringement under the DMCA, Time For Homes will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material claimed to be infringing and will follow all other relevant procedures specified in the DMCA with regard to the claimed infringement. The designated agent of Time For Homes (i.e., the proper party) to whom You should address such notice is listed below.
If You believe that Your work has been copied and posted using the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Time For Homes’ designated agent with a written communication containing the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right in the copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work that You claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that You claim is infringing is located to permit Time For Homes to locate the material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in Your report is accurate and that You are the owner of the exclusive right in the copyright that is allegedly infringed or authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
Time For Homes’ designated agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
[email protected] with the subject line “DMCA”
Time For Homes
Attn: Office of the General Counsel
24 Fourth Street, Suite 2024
Troy, New York 12180
- INTERNATIONAL USERS. While all Services are controlled and operated within the United States, this publication may be distributed internationally and may contain references to Time For Homes services, products, and programs that are not in Your country. These references do not imply that Time For Homes intends to announce or provide the programs, products, or services in Your country. Time For Homes makes no representation that content, materials or products available on or through the Service are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If You access or use the Service from a location outside the United States, You are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including local laws regarding online conduct and content and product use and U.S. export laws and regulations.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Time For Homes and its affiliates and its and their respective governors, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of Your use of the Service.
- TRADEMARK INFORMATION. Time For Homes name and logo are protected under United States Code. All other trademarks displayed on this Service or through links to other services are the property of the respective trademark owners.
Revised April 2020.